- 1/2 acorn squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 2 tbsps butter or olive oil
- 2 tsps paprika, 1 tsp thyme, 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 red fresno peppers, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
Cooking StepsMelt the butter/oil in a large pot. Add the onion, fresno pepper and garlic and saute for a few minutes until onion turns golden.
Add the tomatoes, carrots, squash, bell pepper, tomato paste, paprika and thyme. Stir and let saute for about 2 minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to let it simmer. Simmer (covered) for 30 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, guacamole or grated cheese.
NOTE: Just a suggestion, you might add some mushrooms and some kind of meat ( lamb would be awesome ) to even out the flavor. You might also steam the squash a little or will be impossible to cut. Still even without meat it was pretty damn good.
PROPS TO: http://fastpaleo.com/fiery-squash-chili/ great site for paleo style recipes